Licenses and Permits

Licenses Available

Business / Sales Tax / Contractors / Home Occupation License

All entities doing business in the Town of Platteville are required to have a license unless exempt. This includes all businesses, whether they collect sales tax or not. Contractors, individuals doing business from their homes, and those businesses that operate on a seasonal basis are all required to possess a license. See 6-1-20(b) of the Platteville Municipal Code for details regarding business license exemption.

To apply for or renew a license, complete the application and email it to finance@plattevillegov.org. Refer to the Licenses Online Tutorial for assistance. When processed, we'll call you with an amount due. You can send a check, come in with cash, or pay for the license with a credit card over the phone. If you have questions about the licensing process, please contact Town Hall and a staff member will assist you. Refer to Appendix A of the Municipal Code for fees.

Dog License

Dogs must be licensed in the Town of Platteville. Refer to Appendix A of the Municipal Code for fees. For your Dog License Application, you will need to provide the date of the animal's most recent rabies vaccination and contact information so that we may reach you if your dog is found running loose.

Cats and other pets do not need a license.

Liquor Licenses

The Town of Platteville Liquor Licensing Authority oversees issuing and renewal of Liquor Licenses. A Liquor License Application and Renewal Applications should be delivered to the Town Clerk for review.

The Town Clerk will assist applicants in completing this process. Additional information regarding Liquor Licenses is available from the Colorado Department of Revenue Liquor and Tobacco Enforcement Division.

Non-profit organizations my apply for a Special Event Liquor Permit which allows them to sell alcohol at celebrations and community events. Contact the Town Clerk for more information and application requirements.

Permits Available

Building/Construction Permits

Building permits are required for construction or remodeling your home or accessory structures - garages, workshops, decks, covered patios, fences. Refer to the SAFEBuilt Permits page for more information.

Fence Permit

Complete and submit a fence permit.

Grading Permit

Grading and Excavation Permit

Hen Permit

Citizens are also allowed to raise hens within the Town Limits following some specific restrictions. Please complete a Hen Permit Application.

Oversize-Overweight Permit

Trucks carrying oversized or overweight loads must file a permit application. An Oversize/Overweight Permit may be obtained at Town Hall. Please submit permit application 48 hours in advance. Call Town Hall for more information.

Peddler, Solicitor and Canvasser Permit

Peddler, Solicitor and Canvasser Permit

Swimming Pool Permit

Those residents who have summer swimming pools should obtain a Swimming Pool Permit Application prior to filling pools for the season.